Monday, November 28, 2011

Future of Photography.

Currently my computer won't load the video, so I can't watch it before class, but I'll comment on where I think photography could be headed:

Photography has advanced exponentially in the past ten years or so. The movement from film to digital happened so quickly that it's actually difficult to fathom the advancements. I feel like the coming age of photography has so much potential to improve; as time passes the cameras will become quicker, the images will be of better quality, the span of colors will broader, etc. But I also think that there will come a point (hopefully not anytime soon) when photography in itself will be obsolete. Eventually people will be able to make video recordings of absolutely everything, and will then be capable of going through the videos and choosing individual frames, thus eliminating any need for the still camera. It's an incredibly sad thought, but when it comes to technology nothing is sacred, and everything can be "improved" and replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment