Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Assignment.

I've been using photoshop for around 3 years, I'm not very experienced though since I generally stick to the same few basic edits. Mainly I do portraiture, so my editing revolves around lighting changes and cleaning up skin.

I'd like to learn to do more in photoshop, such as changing backgrounds, editing out items that I don't want in the photo (power lines, shadows, stray people, etc.). I'd also like to learn how to improve the simple editing skills I already have. Being able to adjust lighting without it actually looking photoshopped would be great to learn. I also tend to have problems with skin editing when I use the stamp tool, so learning how to blend better would be really useful.

Learning new programs would be great to know as well. I use photoshop and lightoom, but both programs have so much potential for my photos, and I'd love to learn more about both. Learning how to use Adobe Bridge and Adobe RAW (they may be the same thing. I have no idea...) would be really useful also. I just want to get whatever I can out of this class. Editing pictures can get really time-consuming, especially when you're not positive on what you're doing, so I just want to learn whatever I can to make the process simpler and more effective.

If we're going to be learning about using the printers, that would be great too. I used them a bit last year, but I want to get more in depth with that.

Honestly, just anything computer-wise that this class has to offer is going to be really helpful.

If you wanted to get the general idea of what I shoot, this is my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephaniekatz27/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for creating your blog and giving the Flickr link to your work. We will definitely be covering Bridge (tomorrow!) and be exploring raw files. We'll show you this semester how to edit and composite to really get selective of what items you want in your images, and some you want to remove. :)

    ReplyDelete